How to create a “hook” when pitching a pro football contest to an advertiser
Pro football has always been my favorite sports contest. It’s not just because football is America’s most popular sport, but because it runs 22 weeks with incentives for players to return each week and engage both with the contest and the sponsor’s brand.
Over the past 11 years we have seen some partners bring in six figures in revenue with this contest alone. How did they do it? Well, it all started with an opening line. With fall just around the corner now is the time to “hook” your advertisers.
Here are 10 “opening lines” to help you hone your perfect pitch:
“By sponsoring our pro football contest you can…
- …deliver the sports audience to your website and Facebook page.”
- …give the 64% of adults who watch football every weekend an interactive way to play along.”
- …put your name front and center for fans returning week after week to make their picks.”
- …make your picks public each week and be a VIP to which fans can compare their picks.”
- …gain exposure where fans play: online, mobile, and Facebook.”
- …increase opt-ins by asking fans to subscribe to your newsletter during registration.”
- …grow your Facebook likes by having fans “like” your site in order to play.”
- …not just be part of fans making their game picks but also their weekly “Survivor Pick” as well.”
- …offer great prizes which generate foot traffic into your location in order to claim them.”
- …have some fun and associate yourself with America’s new pastime.”
So, practice your perfect pitch and let’s get out there and hit up some advertisers. Don’t forget about high school and college football as these are great revenue-generating contests, too!
Want more information on how to sell a football contest to your advertisers? Check out the Top Takeaways: How to Sell a Football Contest to get more tips and review successful case studies- including one outlet who generated $100K.