Tactics for building your deals email list
When running a deals program, there are five key factors that contribute to your success. One of the critical components is the size of your email list. Approximately 66% of deals purchased on our platform are from buyers who receive deal emails. What does that mean for you? It’s time to start focusing on growing your organic email database. Below you can watch a webinar we hosted with The Gazette & KCRG-TV on this topic.
But first, be sure to set measurable goals around growing your list. Take a look at where your organic list is now, and set a goal for the end of the year. Once you have established a benchmark, rally your whole team around increasing your organic deals email database.
- Run Great Deals. When your sales representative is looking for the next deal, remember the characteristics of what makes a deal appealing: brand recognition, location, pricing and the expiration date. You can generate three times more email opt-ins by offering an outstanding deal. Also, great deals get people talking, which leads to more email opt-ins.
- Multi-Platform Promotion. Use all your promotional vehicles to invite your audience to buy your deals and sign up for the program.
- Use traditional media: on-air, in print.
- Leverage online & offline: ads throughout your website and mobile site, include email sign-ups at any local events where you have a presence
- Widgets: add a sign up widget throughout your site to capture emails of people who don’t enter your site through your homepage.
- Social Media: promote on Twitter, Facebook and other social networks.
- “Every touch point with a consumer is an opportunity to capture an email.” – Tim D’Avis’, Director of Digital Media, Quad-City Times & Lee Enterprises
Growing your email list is crucial to the future growth of your deals program. Setting monthly and quarterly growth goals will help you maintain focus not to mention help you hit the revenue milestones you’ve budget for.